Do you want to work with the best and be part of a historical & strategic Energy project? If you’re thriving in a dynamic and lean organisation, enjoy working in multicultural teams and want to shape the energy landscape for decades to come, then this is the opportunity for you! TAP on our door!
The Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) AG is a joint venture company established with the purpose of planning, developing, building and operating the TAP natural gas pipeline. TAP’s shareholding is comprised of BP (20%), SNAM (20%), SOCAR (20%), Fluxys (19%), Enagás (16%) and Axpo (5%).
The European leg of the Southern Gas Corridor, TAP has the capacity to transport 10 billion cubic metres (bcm/a) of new gas supplies to multiple markets in Europe. TAP’s 878-km transportation system crosses Greece, Albania, the Adriatic Sea & Italy and started its commercial operations in November 2020. We are looking for our Communications Specialist, to be based in Athens, Greece.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for TAP’s Corporate communications activities in the international arena, for managing the local agencies in TAP’s host countries, as well as Internal communications. The role requires a broad range of communications disciplines ranging from social and digital media, web development and publishing skills, experience in media relations and media monitoring, marketing, internal communications and event planning, as well and stakeholder relationship management across various countries.
Media and External Relations
- Research, draft and edit external copy for the TAP organisation incorporating TAP’s messages, ranging from press releases, to statements and copy for the website bi-lined articles, etc.
- Responsible for “Response Statement Catalogue”, ensuring the latest responses and Q&As across the organisation are always up to date in relation to the relevant issues.
- Work together with country and technical teams in Italy, Albania, Greece and Switzerland, and design & PR agencies to devise content and messaging to be utilised in communications across the countries in support of stakeholder engagement. In particular manage content and messaging for implantation across TAP websites.
- Define and manage content for distribution for stakeholder engagement events, advertising campaigns and supporting marketing materials, with the appointed agencies where necessary
- Responsible for drafting answers and approvals procedure for incoming media enquiries.
- Maintain media lists and distribute media releases.
- Set up and manage media interviews with TAP spokespersons and relevant journalists
- Budget management for appointed external agencies
Media monitoring & analysis
- Responsible for ensuring daily media monitoring service is provided to the organisation by relevant contractors.
- Managing media analysis reporting from all country offices and HQ to produce quarterly report.
- Responsible for regular monitoring of social media and alerting management of any issues arising.
Website & Intranet Management
- Ensure that TAP’s corporate website and intranet is up to date: i.e., the latest news and all information including maps, graphics, etc. are correct and accurate.
- Manage procedure and post press releases, stories and announcements on the TAP website and intranet.
- Act as first point of contact and be responsible for liaising with the website hosting agency to ensure all updates are regularly made and ensure all technical functionality of the website and intranet is working.
- Develop various online forms, revise web structure and functionality as relevant.
- Co-ordinate with the country offices and ensure they are regularly updating the country specific pages.
- Responsible for training and helping the country offices in managing their country specific web pages.
- Responsible for ensuring the PR and design agencies supporting TAP in the countries and in HQ are updated to manage and support the country offices in the management of their own pages.
- Manage and drive TAP’s Twitter account, engage with Wikipedia community to update key TAP information.
- Oversee social media activities of country offices and advise on best practice and approach.
- Manage any social media campaigns that TAP undertakes – monitoring, posting, devising of messages and analysis
- Lead on drafting, editing and publishing of stories for the TAP intranet.
- In collaboration with MD, CSD and Leadership team develop further the TAP Culture including, QHSE, employee engagement, employee communications including townhall forums, MD blogs and other key communication initiatives.
- Lead on running competitions on TAP intranet to enhance / engender TAP One Team culture.
- Advise on TAP Intranet features and implementation of new functionalities for the system, working in collaboration with the TAP IT team and supporting agency.
Marketing and event management
- Ensure TAP is visible and represented at key relevant industry conferences – review important conferences for TAP, advise at which conferences TAP should participate, book TAP’s participation, sponsorships, organise marketing materials and presentations at the conferences (brochures, banners, stands, advertising), set up contracts with conference organisers and TAP, ensure that the correct TAP representatives are present at the relevant conferences.
- Set up TAP media related events or roundtables – co-ordinate logistics with the relevant internal stakeholders (country offices, PR agencies, etc.) book venues, book external suppliers, etc.
- Support graphic design requirements with regards to the creation / updating of maps for presentations, etc.
- Update TAP corporate presentation on a regular basis, liaising with internal departments to ensure that latest and most up-to-date information is available.
- Oversee one-off communications projects such as production of videos, brochures, leaflets
TAP's working language is English. Please only provide us with your CV in English when applying via our job portal.
To apply, please first open a candidate profile on our e-recruiting page and then use the online application form. Application sent by e-mail or in paper format cannot be considered.