EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too.
The Greek EY Strategy & Transactions Advisory Services (SaT) practice is the leader in Greece and South-East Europe in professional financial advisory services market.
Leveraging an extensive global network, our Strategy and Transactions team provides sector-focused advice in developing business plans, undertaking valuation engagements as well as in participating in M&A and fundraising assignments from funding sources such as venture capital / private equity funds, family offices, strategic investors, commercial banks, International Financial Institutions and the Recovery & Resilience Fund. We have ambitious plans and we are seeking highly-performing and experienced corporate finance and transactions professionals to join our team in Thessaloniki office at the level of Senior Financial Analyst.
Working in a multi-national creative environment, the candidates will be given the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects and take responsibilities, from local to cross-border assignments, within various industries and client sizes (from startups to large multinationals).
Your key responsibilities
- Demonstrate understanding of the M&A and finance raising processes including RRF subsidized loans.
- Engage in the execution of business plan, valuation, financial feasibility and investment appraisal engagements in the context of strategic advice to clients and finance raisings, by building fully integrated financial models and drafting reports.
- Monitor macro and sector developments in order to identify trends and opportunities for M&A or fund raising support transactions
- Engage in the execution of M&A and finance raisings, including target screening, preparation of transaction / finance raising marketing materials (teasers, memoranda), investment appraisal, project management, negotiations and support in drafting finance and transaction documents
- Provide support in business development and marketing pursuit opportunities by preparing proposals or pitchbooks
- Attend client meetings alongside more senior members of the team
What we look for
- Excellent academic background, including a Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration (MBA) and / or other related field
- From 3 to 5 years in the corporate finance field acquired through work experience in a commercial or investment bank, Big4 firm, or the M&A, strategy or corporate development department of a firm.
- Demonstrated experience in building financial models, engaging in valuation assignments through DCF / market approach and producing and reviewing high calibre report, presentations, proposals and thought leadership is mandatory.
- Sound grasp of financial accounting. Within this context, CFA, ACCA or other professional qualification will be also considered an asset.
- Knowledge of RRF regulation will be also considered an asset.
- MS PowerPoint and MS Word skills in developing quality presentations and reports
- Excellent written and verbal skills in Greek and English
- Strong team participation skills, particularly teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, coupled with the ability to coach and mentor others.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Professionalism and consistency in approach to client work, internal business and practice development
- Ability to take initiative and work effectively under pressure
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial, and social well-being. Additionally, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world