Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. Beat’s mission is to become part of people’s everyday life by making transportation more affordable, convenient, efficient and safe, while providing enormous economic opportunities to thousands of people who wish to earn extra income as drivers. Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America and part of the international FreeNow Group, the multi-service mobility joint venture backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. We are serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future. Beat’s footprint is rapidly expanding with current service in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
Joining Beat’s Frontend Chapter means that you will be challenged with multiple projects across different business domains. Aiming to deliver tools and dashboards that empower the whole company to operate efficiently via a data driven approach.
You will have the opportunity not only to work with our existing codebase but also to explore the latest tools & frameworks required in new projects. Here you will engage in the design and decision making process for any frontend projects you will be involved in, pair up with colleagues in cross functional teams, your chapter of frontend engineers and of course contribute in our shared libraries and improve our design system.
Your main goal will be to support operational excellence. For our projects we set the bar really high and aim for great user experience, polished UIs with code that reflects quality and is fun to work with. Therefore you should feel & act as an owner of our teams' work, test and assure that our projects always meet requirements and end users expectations. You are a person that wants to contribute to the frontend chapter with best practices, ideas and initiatives to automate things. Possibly intrigued by the idea of mentoring others.
Some recent projects that the team has worked on include a dashboard for flexible categorization of our ride-hailing services with impact on how they appear on the mobile application and a complete re-work of our Share your Ride functionality with which a rider can share their trip with their contacts and they can track them in real-time.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus plan
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch at low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program.
- An extra day off during your birthday month
- Annual Training Budget for personal development, Access to LinkedIn Learning courses, BEAT Enrichment days to focus on your development
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button
- Work from our amazing office in Athens or even remotely - we’ve moved to a hybrid working model!
- A great opportunity to grow and work with a fast-growing and progressive team. Being part of an environment that gives employees room to grow, autonomy and mentoring.
We provide a relocation package; it’s capped reimbursement up to 5000€ and can be used indicatively for:
- Travel expenses
- Lease breaking assistance
- Packing & Unpacking
- Shipment of household goods
- Storage of goods
- Misc expenses (e.g travel expenses for family members)
What you need to have:
- Working experience using any of the modern web-app frameworks/libraries (React, Angular, Vue, Svelte, etc.)
- You feel comfortable using CSS (experience in creating grid and flex based layouts).
- You know your way with git and version control workflows.
- You know about debugging techniques in DevTools and in your editor of choice.
- Deep understanding of HTTP and experience with REST APIs.
- Passion for building clean and streamlined user interfaces, as well as appreciation of great UX in whatever you ship.
What is nice to have:
- Strong knowledge of React - you can use custom hooks, styled components, React Testing Library, and know how to choose the right state management approach
- Worked with Cypress for end-to-end automation testing
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (you can edit Dockerfile and configure Kubernetes charts)